Aug 13, 2009

Bully in my Backyard

Yesterday I was really worked up. My opinion about a certain person in my life just continues to get re-enforced negatively. I am amazed at how a man who thinks he loves his children and thinks is doing what's best for them, can play mind games with them in order to justify himself.
He is a bully (mildly put).

I am alone but not alone. Some of you may wonder why there is a conspicuous absence of mention of my other half. It is a painful story, a history which I have poured into an earlier blog I created first, the pain is stored there. It has helped me feel and channel my anger and act.
My healing is definitely on its’ way and this is my healing journal. My children will heal. They are resilient, they have each other, ‘always stick together’ is what I tell them. I’m re-learning to be me and my children will learn to be free. (no pity please, courage grows, God helps).

I must be on a roll.
Yesterday I read comments between a man and a woman, that got me upset. It was not about the particulars but the fact is that she is the one 'doing' the doing(not just talking) -looking after the children not him. Sounded like bullying.

Today a local news story. if you follow this link.. about a teacher who's a bully..
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20090812-160665.html

And no, I don't hate men (bwhaaha!! as my wonderful friend commented) - I have a great dad, brother and some wonderful brothers-in-laws and friends.


Man or woman there is no excuse in the world that justifies bullying.

"Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke" .Benjamin Disraeli British, Statesman Quotes

"True courage is cool and calm. The bravest of men have the least of a brutal, bullying insolence, and in the very time of danger are found the most serene and free. " Lord Shaftesbury 1671-1713, British Statesman

4 comments:

  1. ooh I love that line
    "Courage is fire and bullying is smoke"
    will share that with my boy, so easy to remember. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you, it amazes me sometimes at how men can lack compassion and empathy. But then I'm shocked when they do something sweet and loving and seem to completely understand you! Why can't it be more simple.

    But to use children, I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support. I hope life will get better and simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it helps to quietly call the bully on the source of his/her behavior. It sort of pulls the carpet out from under them, and they become more human. An example? I was in a grocery store check-out line, and the man behind me was in a hurry. I was waiting to put my groceries up because there was no room on the belt, but he kept banging his cart into mine and saying in a loud, rude voice, "Get your groceries up there!" Finally, I turned to him and asked calmly as if it were something I was really curious about, "Are you having a been day, or were you born this way?" He crumbled and said that he was only trying to help. I pointed out that there was no room on the belt, but that if he really wanted to help that he could unload my cart for me as soon as there was room. He did. He left feeling good about himself, and I left feeling good about him. It's an idea -- don't know who your bully is, so I don't know if it will work, but, heck, anything is worth a try, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...